Have you ever come across a scenario wherein when you try to open the PST file in Outlook 2002, you are unable to do so and receive the following error message:
Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.
Note: The file path specified in the error message varies depending upon which operating system you are using.
The root cause behind the aforementioned error message is PST corruption.
In order to resolve the above-mentioned error, repair the damaged and corrupt PST file and restore your valuable data, you can take help of the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe). Using the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe), you can repair the PST file and recover all your lost and valuable data. However, in case the Inbox Repair tool is unable to repair your PST file, you can repair the PST file using a professional and efficient Outlook PST Recovery tool.
In order to repair the PST file using Scanpst.exe, perform the following steps:
1. Click Start -> Run.
2. In the Open box, type drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\LocaleID\scanpst.exe
where LocaleID is the locale identifier (LCID) for your installation of Microsoft Office.
3. Click the Ok button.
4. In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, type the file name along with full path given in the above error message.
5. Click Options in order to change the options for logging errors during the scan. Select Replace log or Append to log in order to save the log to the same directory as the .pst file.
6. Click Start.
7. Once the file scan is completed, select the Make a backup of scanned file before repairing check box.
8. Click Repair.
Performing the aforementioned steps, you should be able to repair the damaged and corrupt Outlook PST file and perform repair PST recovery. In case you are able to resolve the error, a Repair Complete message appears. However, if the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) is unable to repair the Outlook PST file, you can recover your valuable data from the last, valid PST file backup.
To use the last, valid PST file backup, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Start the Outlook.
2. Click File -> Data File Management.
3. Select the damaged .pst file, and then click Remove.
4. Click Add, select Personal Folders File (.pst), click Ok, and then select the backup PST file
5. Click the Ok button.
However, in case of unavailability of a valid PST file backup, you can use a professional tool to repair the damaged and corrupt Outlook PST file and perform repair PST recovery.
Kernel for Outlook PST Recovery is a stupendous, brilliantly designed, and output-driven tool that has the capability to repair the damaged and corrupt PST files. With the help of Outlook PST Recovery tool, you can easily, successfully, and flawlessly repair the damaged and corrupt Outlook PST files.